Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Decorations

Here are some of our Christmas decorations. I love decorating for Christmas and usually do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. I know some people think that's to early but I just say it's one more thing I'm thankful to have done on Thanksgiving!

My favorite part of our house is our fireplace. I love our stockings and the Happy Birthday Jesus sign. I also went a little crazy with the art mesh this year, lol!
This is Ry and Tan's favorite part, the play nativity scene. They play with it literally everyday. Nana got it for them last Christmas and it was one of their favorite gifts.
Here is our Christmas tree...I hate how Christmas tress don't photograph well. I promise it looks much better in person.
Here is a close up of some of our ornaments.
Here is Ryleigh's tree. It's my favorite tree in the house! I just love it!
And here is Tan Man's tree. His is done in fishing lures. It's impossible to find cute boy ornaments so I literally just bought real fishing lures from Bass Pro.


This is new this year and I already love it! It's our Christmas card tree. I love looking at them all. I have about 5 more to add but i haven't had the time to do it.
Here is some art work the kids have done at school for Christmas.
I love these Christmas rugs I got!

And last but not least here is Scout The Window! He's been making messes all over our house this year! The kids have had the best time with it and jump right out of bed when I wake them up in the mornings.


This year we decided to do Christmas with Mom and Larry on Christmas Eve. This is kinda a big deal to me because every year since we've been married we get up and do Christmas with us then walk across the street to moms and do Christmas with them. She then makes a HUGE breakfast and Nana and Paw Paw come over (that's been going forever, even when I lived at home). But this year Christmas falls on a Sunday and I can't speak for everyone but I think it's pretty silly to celebrate Christmas and not go to church (since it falls on a Sunday this year.) What are we celebrating at all for if we don't go and worship the one we even have the holiday for? I know this is kinda a hot topic this year because it messes up every one's "schedule." But you'll find the Stokley Family in church on Christmas morning. Because Christmas is not about opening presents or having time to fit in going to every ones house. It's about celebrating our saviours birthday!
Ok off my rant, lol!

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

I love all the fun tricks your elf has played! Your Christmas tree is so pretty!! I love how full it is:) Your kids trees are so cute as well:) Merry Christmas to you and your family!