Friday, June 11, 2010

Ryleigh's First Recital

Ryleigh's first dance recital was this past Saturday at 1:00 at the civic center. She was in 3 dances, gymnastics, ballet and tap. Thankfully she was only in the 2nd act so we didn't have to be there until 3:00 and all of her dances were pretty close together so we were only there for like 2 hours. She had to put on makeup because otherwise they looked completely washed out under the stage lights. She likes to put on makeup when it's on her terms and it's pink and glittery. She hates putting it on when it's actual makeup and mascara. Thankfully Tammy volunteered to do it for me and brought over some Hello Kitty things to use as a bribe!! Hey, whatever works! Here she is putting on the mascara.
Here she is with all her makeup...She looks way to old here! She said "Oh, wow, I look 16! I can get my license!" Umm, not so fast baby girl you are only 4 and I'm going to freeze you that way, thanks!
Mom and Dawn both got her flowers, she was very excited about them. They are still all alive in our kitchen and make it so pretty!
I decided to get her something else since they had already gotten her flowers. One of my customers makes these really cute cookies so I got her to make Ryleigh some. They were really good to!
Backstage on recital day=pure chaos!! It's insane back there. It gave me a glimpse into beauty pageants. Why in the world would anyone want to spend every Saturday doing beauty pageants. It's insane. Her first dance was gymnastics. I was a little nervous about how she would do with all those people watching her but she did WONDERFUL!!! When they were doing their flips across the mat one girl messed up and was in Ryleigh's way. She was so aggravated with that girl. When she was done and came backstage she said that girl messed up her "performance!"
Next was ballet. This was mine and her least favorite. It's just so boring. She did wonderful though!!And lastly she had tap. Is this not the cutest costume ever!!! I was in love with it. I'm planning on getting Tanner a sailor costume for Halloween and letting them both be sailors! How cute will that be!?!
The shortest girl is Ryleigh's good friend Madisson. They go to church with us. The other little girl is Journey,Madisson's cousin. I thought this was a really cute picture of them!
Melinda Leigh's offers a summer dance program. When I asked her if she wanted to take dance this summer she said, "No, I think I just wanna take a little bitty break. My feet are so tired from all this dancing." I said well you don't have to take it at all if you don't want to and she said "Oh no, I want to! When would I get to see all my girlfriends and hang out with them if I didn't go to dance!" That's my girl, who cares about actually dancing, it's all about the social part for her!
Ryleigh, congratulations on your recital! We are so proud of you!! You did a wonderful job and we are looking forward to next year.

No comments: