Friday, June 18, 2010

Four Fathers

I just wanted to take a minute to wish a Happy Father's Day to the 4 greatest men I know.

Ryan,
You are without a doubt the most wonderful father I could ever ask for for our children. You put them first in every decision we make. You are more involved than any dad I've ever met. You never want to miss anything when it comes to the two of them. You take off work or cancel plans because it's their first dentist appt, first day of school, every TBall game ect. You are 100% committed to not missing anything with them and I love that about you. I love how we put God first in out house and you set the example of that for them. I couldn't ask for a better partner in this crazy role of parenting. Thank you for being a wonderful father, great role model, Godly example to them and a fabulous husband! You Rock!!
And why is it that even though I'm the one who gave birth they both come out looking like you! :)
To My Dad,
I didn't have any pictures of him on the computer and my scanner was down so this is a picture of a picture. I know it's so cliche but I miss you on Fathers Day more than any other day. I think it's all the focus on dad's and the important role they play in our lives that makes me think of you so much this time of year. Just because you are gone doesn't mean that you still don't impact my life on a daily basis. You taught me so much and it's funny how now Ryan and I can't even make a big decision without both looking at each other and asking what we think you would do. You were always so smart when it came to things like that. You taught me so much and it makes me want to cry every time I think about the fact that Ryleigh and Tanner never got the chance to meet you. It seems so unfair that they don't get to see someone who played such an important role in shaping the person I am today. But trust me you would love them and they would love you! We talk about you often and even though they'll never physically meet you I think they'll always have a piece of you in their heart. I love and miss you dad! Paw Paw,
To the only man I know that could survive in a 3 bedroom house with 7 girls! I am so thankful for the women that you raised. Even though I have no idea how you did it. I have enough trouble and I only have one daughter. I couldn't imagine 6!! When I think of our family and how thankful I am to be a part of it I always think back to you and Nana and the focus you all put on this family. It's because of y'all that we are so close today. Thank you for that!! We love you so much and want to wish you a Happy Father's Day!!
La La,
This one is the hardest of the 4 for me to write. Although I am extremely thankful for you every time I look at you it makes me think of my dad. I think he would love you! He would love how happy you make my mom. He would love how much you love Ryleigh and Tanner. He would love how good you are to Tammy and I. I couldn't think of a better man to fill my dads shoes in our lives. You are a wonderful La La to Ryleigh and Tanner and I couldn't ask for anyone to love them more that you do! Thank you for stepping in and taking charge of the grandfather role in their lives. You were made for it! We appreciate EVERYTHING you do for us and we love you very much!! Happy Father's Day!!

No comments: