Tuesday, April 20, 2010

God through their eyes

A conversation I had recently with Tanner went something like this...
"Mom, can I have this money?"
"What are you going to do with the money Tanner?"
"I'm going to take it to the offering at Bibleland."
"Yes, you can have it. Do you know why we give money to God?"
"Because God makes us."
"He doesn't make us give the money Tanner. He ask us to and we always listen to what God tells us to do."
"I'm just glad he doesn't make us give it to Jesus! He's a little kid and I bet he would spend the money on a remote control dinosaur. Don't you think so mom?"

The other day Ryan had Ryleigh and Tanner both at the Bass Pro Shop. Tanner's new thing is EVERYTIME he passes a new toy or anything that looks remotely interesting he says, "I don't have one of those, I need one of those, will you buy me one of those?" It's beginning to drive us crazy. On this particular day I think it was driving Ryleigh crazy. Once after he said it she stood up in the buggy and looked him square in the eyes and said, "Tanner Cole stop wanting everything. There are kids in Haiti who don't have anything. No toys, no momma, no daddy or Mi Mi or Gi Gi or La La. So stop your whining!!
Everyone in Bass Pro just turned and stared at Ryan and the kids. Ryan said he had never been so proud of her in his life! Ryan has a soft spot in his heart for the people of Haiti and what they've experienced. Our church is planning a mission trip down there and he is planning on going.

No comments: