Friday, December 4, 2009

5 years

Ryan and I have always been a good team. Seriously, we have. He has more common sense than I would know what to do with while I have more book smarts than he could handle. I don’t mind doing housework but hate cutting grass. He doesn’t mind cutting grass but hates housework. He’s an enforcer of major things with the kids and lets the little things slide. I enforce the minor things and try not to make a disciplinary scene in public.

He’s a wonderful father, husband, provider for our family and child of God. I am so thankful for him and I’m trying my best not to take him or all that he does for granted.

He works a main job and a side job, he gives the kids baths most nights and tucks them into bed. He makes them huge breakfasts on Sundays before church. He always takes the garbage out. He has perfected the art of little girl’s hair. He can get them dressed and out the door in less than 10 minutes. He is fabulous with kids and loves babies more than I wish he did. He gets up at 3 AM everyday to work out and have devotion before he has to be at work at 6. He requires little sleep and is stronger than I’ll ever be.

No, he’s not perfect. He gets on my nerves a lot. He leaves clothes on the floor in the bathroom; sometimes he loses his temper when Ryleigh and Tanner get out of bed for the 5th time in a row. He goes through a gallon of milk in 2 days, which drives me crazy. He drives entirely to fast and gets way to many speeding tickets. But I love him anyway.

That’s the thing about marriage…I chose to love him anyway. I by far do not have a perfect marriage or am I in any place to give out marriage advice but if I had to pick one key to our relationship it would be we love each other anyway. In spite of all our differences and the things that drive us insane, we love each other anyway. All the times I feel like I’m going to scream if I have to buy one more gallon of milk or tell him one more time where his shoes are, I love him anyway. All the times he gets in my car and it’s on empty or when I call him for directions and have no idea how to even tell him where I am so he can give me directions, He loves me anyway.

Ryan, I’m glad through all of my faults and failures you chose to love me anyway. I promise as long as we live I will do the same for you. I promise to always try to see the good in every situation and even if the good is hard to find I will love you anyway.

Happy Anniversary!

No comments: