Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Walk for a Cure

This past Saturday our church participated in the Walk for a Cure downtown. It's a 5 mile walk for Breast Cancer and was a lot of fun! We had 85 people on our team. After the walk we all went to the Spot of Tea and they had a room reserved for us. Mrs. Rhonda had some special gifts for people who were survivors and people who had lost their mother/grandmother to cancer. 
An action shot of us walking. It was cold!
I brought this hat of Ryleigh's so Madison could wear it since Tina hasn't gotten her one yet. Well it was to big for Maddie but fit Lindsay just right!
Lindsay's mom Mrs. Pam and her aunt Mrs. Benita. Both are breast cancer survivors. 

A 5 mile walk might not seem like a long way but my legs hurt when we were done! Makes me wonder if I'll be ready for the 10k Senior Bowl on November 7th...I guess we'll see!

No comments: