Sunday, December 1, 2013

Mountain Fun

We have been the king and queen of last minute vacations this year. Or just vacations in general. We have never traveled as much as we have this year. Last week we decided to head to the mountains for Thanksgiving. We invited all my loser cousins but of course no one could go :(
We missed them but had a good time anyway!

We drove up Thursday afternoon after lunch and got there late that night. We just stayed in a hotel right on the main strip. That was fun because we didn't have to get in all that crazy traffic.

Friday morning we were up early to go ziplining. I was nervous that the kids were going to be cold therefore making the experience miserable. They weren't though! We bundled them up really good with lots of layers and they had a blast! By far the best part of our whole trip. They LOVED it!!! It was so fun ziplining through the mountains in the early morning. It had snowed the day before so there was still snow everywhere.









After that we headed to the aquarium and grabbed some Mexican at No Way Jose.

That afternoon we just hung around downtown until it was time to head to Pigeon Forge for the Dixie Stampede. Ryleigh and I talked Ryan into going to the outlets on the way though. We had to get at least a little Black Friday shopping in!


Saturday morning we got up and headed to Ober Gatlinburg. We went snow tubing that morning.





We debated back and forth about going skiing but we don't want them to hate it the first time they try it and they probably would there. Since it's all fake snow right now it's like crunched up ice. You fall on that and you won't want to get back up.

I see a trip to Colorado in our near future, hint hint Ryan! Who am
I kidding, he looks for reasons to spend money. I need to talk myself into it! We have a Presidents Club trip with work every year and I suggested Colorado this year. Maybe they'll take my hint and we can go for free!! :)

















They loved playing in the snow! It was absolutely gorgeous the whole time we were there!


I didn't ice skate. The last thing I need to do is break my leg in December, my busiest time of the year with work.






I forgot to take pictures but Saturday afternoon we went to a friend of ours cabin and watched Bama lose in their theater room. It was fun to hang out with friends and all their kids but not fun to lose. I think total there were 8 kids there. So the kids had a blast.

That night we took the kids to their first Melting Pot experience. The restaurant was right by our hotel and we had been telling them we would take them. I'll let you guess which one of them absolutely loved it! Hint-it was our die hard sweet eater who someone manages to only weigh 36 pounds, even though her favorite food group is sweets.

Now we are headed home and it feels like we will never arrive!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Nana said...

Glad ya'll had a good time. The Lord has truly blessed ya'll in so many ways. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Love ya'll been praying for ya'll
Nana




Nana said...

Glad ya'll had a good time. The Lord has truly blessed ya'll in so many ways. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Love ya'll been praying for ya'll
Nana