Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Never thought I would say this...

Can I just say that I LOVE my job, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember on Sunday nights before dreading work the next day. Well I wouldn't say dreading it but I sure didn't look forward to it. Now I actually look forward to it!

I know I said already that the main lesson I learned in 2012 was that God is in control and his plan is ALWAYS better than our plan. If I would have had it my way I would have worked as a branch manager until who knows when. The money was good and I loved my manager so I wasn't looking for another job at all.

Well God took a really bad situation and turned it into something awesome! This Summer we had no idea what was in store. We just knew that we were putting it in God's hands. Ryan and I decided for me to take the Summer off and as soon as I started looking for a new job I got the first one I interviewed for. Well I take that back, I interviewed for a few and was offered those positions but for some reason they didn't seem like where I was suppose to be. Now I know why. I think this job was invented for me! :)

I know no one really knows what I do but the short version is, I manage a line of business for a national bank (I've always been a fan of working for large banks, more growth opportunity and higher salaries. More sales stress as well but if your a sales person then it doesn't really matter.) I cover 31 branches and about 15 Business Banker in a total of 4 districts.

I travel a lot (only overnight like once a month) and have a very flexible schedule. It works out perfectly with the kids. I get to be more involved with them than I've ever been. I'm not chained to a desk and I literally live out of my car.

January is the busiest and biggest month for my department. It meant a lot of work but I'm happy to say I finished January at number 4 in our dept! My Dad would say "if you're not first, you're last" but I was also one of the newest people so I'll shoot for number one next year!

The point of this post is that sometimes we have no idea why something is happening to us. Or we have no idea what doors are going to open next. But I'm proof that God is in control. I read a quote the other day that said something along the lines that until God opens another door praise him in the hallway. I would like to think that's what I did. He always knows what's best for us and I am so thankful for this new opportunity he has given us.

No comments: