Sunday, January 20, 2013

Saturday Fun

Last Saturday (not this past Saturday) we had a fun filled day! Ryan recently got promoted at work (not sure if I mentioned that or not) and got stuck with the weekend shift for a few weeks. Thankfully it ended up only being 3 weeks. So last Saturday the kids and I were left with a whole Saturday to fill. We started the morning early and headed to Subway to get a picnic lunch for later. Isn't it so sad that I have gotten so bad about not cooking that I won't even make a sandwich?? It's gotten a little out of hand. If it doesn't come from Moms or a restaurant then we don't eat it. :)

We saw our favorite Subway guy at Subway! 
After a stop to pick up lunch we headed to Dauphin Island with a friend of mine and her little boy. The kids had a lot of fun hanging out there for the day. We started off by walking the boardwalk down by the water and then headed to the sea lab.




We then walked across the street and hung out at Fort Gaines. I didn't think the kids would really like the fort but I was wrong, they LOVED it! They loved going in all the tunnels and rooms.






It was a lot of walking but really fun. We then headed back to where we had parked to eat lunch and watch the 1st Mardi Gras parade of the year. We love the Dauphin Island Parade because it's very family friendly!

I laughed on the way home that the kids were all brushing their teeth with those little disposable toothbrushes.
On the way home we were sitting in traffic for FOREVER!! There were a ton of people still hanging out on the side of the road from that parade. There was this one guy that was having a hula hooping contest. Of course Ryleigh had to join in! Tanner and Ryleigh both got out of the car and entered the contest. Keep in mind we were pretty much sitting still. We may have moved 10 yards. Ryleigh won the contest and won 2 chicken legs. I told her to not worry about getting them (because I sure wasn't going to let her eat chicken from some stranger on the side of the road) but she was determined to since they were her prize! This picture was staged she didn't really eat them .
I did however, ride all the way home with 2 chicken legs in my lap!! 
When we got back to Keri's I sat them on top of her car while we were unloading my stuff into my car and I forgot about them. Her dad found them laying in her driveway the next day! haha!


No comments: