Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Stay at home mom...

Anyone who knows me knows that I have never wanted to be a stay at home mom. NEVER. It didn't seem fulfilling or fun to me. I liked being able to climb the corporate ladder during the day and be a mom at night. I think I may have felt differently if my kids had to be in day care or if I as always trying to coordinate child care but I was very blessed to have Ryan's mom to keep the kids. She is priceless to us and helped us so much.

Well as most everyone knows by now I left my job at the bank and accepted a job at a mortgage company. There were a lot of things that played into it that I won't go into on here or probably even in person. There was a 6 week span between the 2 jobs that I had to spend with the kids. The timing on everything just worked out so well with Summer starting and the kids being out of school.

So I've had 6 weeks off with them. the longest amount of time I've spent with them since maternity leave. So how do I feel about that??

Well most days I've really enjoyed it. I'm not gonna lie though because I don't believe in EVERY sugar coating motherhood. It's hard and I think we should say it's hard. But I will say that it has been fun!! I've pretty much put everything to the back-burner, including the blog as we have just enjoyed our Summer. We've made countless trips to the library, park, river and friends house. We've had playdates and lunch dates at Chick Fil A and have gone to numerous movies. We've swam and swam and swam and swam. We've spent countless hours in the sun and now they can swim the entire length of the pool by themselves including the deep end. They can swim like fish underwater and can do flips and handstands under water as well. So like I said, we've just been enjoying our Summer.

I say all of that to say this...I think I may postpone the mortgage job and stay home for a while. I'm still not completely sure...I keep going back and forth but I think God has given me this situation and although I may not have understood why everything that happened was happening, I'm just going with the flow because his timing is perfect even if it doesn't match up with ours. This is probably the only time in my life where I'll have the opportunity to stay home. I'll be honest though, I miss the corporate world too. I miss getting dressed up for work everyday and the feeling of accomplishment in being at the top. I was proud of myself and proud of what I had accomplished but I think now is the perfect time to step back and try a new role.

I'm not sure how long it'll last, a few days, a few weeks, a few months or a few years but we'll see. Ryan and I have prayed a lot about it and think that I am right where I need to be for the time being. So if you think about it, our little family would covet your prayers as we make some decisions.

And now one of the perks of staying home...we are headed to the beach for 14 days!!

No comments: