Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tanner Update

Tanner went to the doctor on Wednesday for his surgery. He did really well. We had to give him some medicine a hour before we left that made him really really sleepy. He fell asleep in the car on the way there and  woke up for a minute when we got there. We were able to love on him for a few minutes when we got there. The procedure was only suppose to last about a hour but ended up lasting almost 3.

Everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE my kids, however I am not overly sentimental or clingy. I rarely cry or get upset but when he came out of that room his hair was all messed up, his face was swollen, his eyes were blood red, basically he looked awful. When our eyes met we both just started sobbing. He looked so pitiful and it just broke my heart. It was so sad. All he wanted was for me to hold him. (Which made me fell really good because he normally only wants Ryan when he's hurt.)

Fast forward to Wednesday night and he was fine. He now has a back silver tooth and LOVES it!! He shows anyone who will take a few seconds to see it. He said his best friend Landon was going to be soooooo jealous that he doesn't have a silver tooth! He called Whitney and made her come over and see it as well. When him and Ryan went to Academy, they were checking out and Tanner said "Dad tell her (the cashier) what I have." Ryan said what are you talking about?? Tanner said you know Dad my silver tooth!

I'm just thankful the silver tooth will fall out soon enough. But in the meantime I'm thankful that he loves it and he thinks he's a robot! :)

No comments: