Sunday, February 12, 2012

Build A Bear and Justice

Sometimes I wish we lived across the bay. I feel like we are over there all the time and it's MUCH closer to the beach! If it wasn't for our family living by us, I could see us living over there. Saturday we had a late lunch/early dinner on the causeway. I love Ryleigh's face in this picture. She was working hard on that crossword puzzle! Ryan started nights this Sunday night for 2-3 weeks so we went to church at Bay Community Church in Malbis. We have been there a few times and love it! We really love that they have a Saturday night service. 
After church we went to Build A Bear so Ryleigh and Madi could make a bear. Ryleigh and Tan love build a bear but I HATE stuffed animals, HATE them!!!!!!!! So we found out they were doing a special thing for USA Children's and Women's Hospital. Basically you go and make the bear like normal and then you just donate it to the hospital. It was a lot of fun for them to be able to make it but then not have to bring it home. they both did really well with leaving it there. I was so proud of them!!!!



 We were planning on heading home after that until Ryleigh saw Justice. Yall, I'm not kidding when I say that store is the definition of Tacky. It's like you died and went to glitter, sparkle, tacky heaven. It's no secret that I'm picky about what my kids wear. A Shirt with Dora or Cinderella on it? I would rather get my wisdom teeth pulled without any pain medication than let them go out in public with that on. A shirt with words on it like Princess or Sparkle and Shine, or any other stupid saying...yep, once again I would rather go through something painful than let my kids wear that. Justice is now our new battle. If you look really good in there you can find some things that aren't too bad. The key is not saying you like those things. If you see something you like you need to immediately say you like everything around it but not the actual thing you like. Then instantly she likes the one you didn't say you liked. Yall, I've got this down to a science.

Ryan and I said we don't know how we are going to survive the teenage years. We had a glimpse into our future last night and it wasn't pretty. It was filled with glitter, sparkles, sequins and painful, painful outfits.

Please, stop and say a prayer for us and our daughters fashion future. The battles are getting harder to fight. I'm going to have to pull out the big guns! And maybe a new smocked dress and extra large bow!
I know Ryan, I feel your pain too. We'll get through it together. Maybe just maybe will come out the other end with just a few traces of glitter and sparkles on us.

No comments: