Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011

I was going to write a nice reflective post recapping 2011 and linking to the various blog posts. But I'm lazy and that would take a lot of work. There's no need to get busy doing anything important because new years resolutions technically don't start until tomorrow, right?

2011 was a good year for my crew. We laughed, we cried, we played and we rejoiced.

Ryleigh started kindergarten, played soccer, made a lot of new friends, spent the night away more times than she probably spent at home and all in all just grew up this year. She went from a preschool girl to, well, just a regular girl. She developed her own sense of fashion and has a mind of her own now. She closed the year out with her first loose tooth. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for her.

Tanner started 5 day a week school and my gosh did I think it was going to be the death of both of us! He finally got adjusted even though he still claims he doesn't like it. He played Tball and football and hated them both. He had more pets than I can count and even more bugs than that. He is moody and sweet all at the same time. 2012 will be a big year for him since he'll start kindergarten. He's excited and I am too!

Ryan would probably say this was his best year yet. He got the boat he's always wanted and he closed out the year with the electronics for it. The last weekend of the year was spent doing what he loves to do most. Boating. He has a job he loves and me...what is there not to be happy about! :)

2011 for me was a great year! I wasn't looking forward to turning 25. I mean, it is a quarter of a century old. But I've learned it's not to bad! I was promoted (still get excited about that when I think about it!), spent most weekends at the beach, went on some fun adventures with my crew and just all in all had a fun year. The year closed out with my mom moving back across the street and not many things could make me happier than that.

So to 2012, 2011 was a good year to our family here's to hoping you are even better!

Happy New Year!!!!



No comments: