Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Paw Paw

I try to stay away from posting about sad/difficult things on my blog. I try to get it upbeat and happy but at the end of the day it is somewhere for me to record my thoughts and have something to go back and look at. 

We found out a few weeks ago that my Paw Paw has Lung Cancer. He had been sick for a few weeks and had been going back and forth between numerous doctors when we got the diagnosis. Those of you that know me know that lung cancer hits home really hard for me. 

When I got the call...well actually the text it was from Whitney and I was in Target. When I saw the words Lung Cancer come across my screen my heart dropped. I hate Lung Cancer more than anything in this world. When I hear the words I think back to my dad and how terrible that was. The difference between my dads and paw paw is that we caught Paw Paw's early. He started chemo last week and thankfully is doing really well with it. He's tired and worn out but he hasn't got sick. 
We celebrated his birthday this past Saturday and this picture was from his party.  


So let's get ready to fight Paw Paw we are going to kick this cancer's you know what!! You are so strong and we are so proud of you!! So if you are reading this our family would covet your prayers. We know that God is in control and we also know that Paw Paw is one tough guy!! We love you Paw Paw and we are here to help you!!

No comments: