Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday's Letter

Dear Dreams, Thank you for allowing me to spend a few hours with my Dad every once in a while. I never know when it is going to happen but when it does it is absolutely wonderful. Dear Dad, I'm going to write this to you like you were here to read it. When big events happen in my life it makes me miss you more than ever. I want so badly to call you and tell you about my promotion. I want so badly for you to spend Tanner's 4th birthday with him. You would absolutely love him. He is the perfect mix of tough and tender. He reminds me so much of you. He has massive hands and feet. He's 6 inches taller than everyone in his class. He loves horses, bugs, pigs, goats well actually any animal. I wish you could be here to see Ryleigh's dance recital. She is me made over so I know you would love her. She would make you laugh until you cried. I wish for Tammy's sake that you could see her house. It is absolutely gorgeous and you would be so proud of her. Her land stretches for what seems like miles and in the distance mountains go on forever. Her view is breathtaking. When we visited he I couldn't help but stand and look out the window and think about you. You would love it. Death is a funny thing. With time the days get better and you go some days without even thinking about it but then out of nowhere it hits you, and hits you hard. Last night I dreamed you were here. I dreamed we went to breakfast and caught up. I dreamed you knew everything that had happened in the past 5 years. It was like you were never gone. I love you and miss you so much. Dear Dreams, thanks again for the wonderful gift that you are. I can't wait until the next time I get to spend some time with my Dad!

No comments: