Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Book Parade

Last Thursday and Friday the kids had their book parade at school. It's where you dress up as a character from a book (No Disney books.) Last year Ryleigh was really cute and went as Fancy Nancy. This year when I asked her what she wanted to be she said a Zebra! I have no idea where she got that idea from. I told her we don't have a Zebra book or a Zebra costume. She said I know but we can figure something out. A few minutes later she came out of her room dressed from head to toe in Zebra! So I found a book called How the Zebra got it's Stripes at Wal Mart and she was ready to go. Friday morning Ryan got the bright idea to paint her face as well. She was very excited about it and looked really cute!
Tanner's parade was on Thursday and he wanted to go as a pirate. No surprise there. He is currently obsessed with Pirates. Luckily we had the Pirate costume he had gotten in Disney so he wore that. (I'm getting my money's worth out of it since we paid a small fortune for it!) He didn't wear the Pirate hat because it would have been to much for him to keep up with all day. He was excited about getting to dress up for school!

I love ABC and all the ways they work to get the kids excited about going to school and learning!

No comments: