Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Weekend

We had a pretty low key weekend. Friday night after Alabama's terrible loss Ryleigh came and said "Mom, who can I spend the night with tonight?" I said I have no idea. She said "Well I know it'll have to be someone who's house I can walk to since I know you won't take me to Aunt Lindey's or Irvington." You are a smart girl! So the kids ended up spending the night with Aunt Lisa. I had planned to stay home and just wrap presents but everyone knows Ryan can never just stay home. We went to Academy and bought Tanner's Christmas present and went to eat at TGIFridays.

Saturday morning we just hung around the house. The kids wanted to wrap Ryan up like a present! (He does have shorts on, even though it doesn't look like it)

(I would also like to say that he made me go get a brush and brush his hair before I could take this b/c and I quote "I know this will go on the blog and I have to keep up my good looking image!")

Saturday afternoon we went to The Bass Pro shop to visit their Santa Village. It was fun even though I hate The Bass Pro Shop. (It's right up there with Sam's. I cannot stand Sam's it creeps me out). They had a lot of fun activities for the kids. We mailed letter's to Santa and made a few crafts.

They got to see Santa. Ryleigh and Tanner don't believe in Santa. I mean, they think he's fun and like to talk about him but they don't "believe" that he is a real person who actually comes into our house Christmas night. In the words of Ryleigh "Mom, that doesn't even make sense. How could someone think he actually comes in our house at night. I just don't understand why people think that mom."

Mrs. Logical, you can't get anything passed her! Please don't ruin it for the other kids in your class though Ryleigh!

Sunday we went to church then out to brunch. The kids and I came home and took a 2 hour nap while Ryan watched the 3rd Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Sunday afternoon we went running/bike riding at MGM. The kids had a lot of fun.

They are getting better on their bikes. They are probably the only 3 and 4 year old who can barely ride a bike with training wheels. We live on a dirt road so there is no where for them to practice.

My little runner! Doesn't she look so big in this picture! They ran 1/2 mile! I was so proud of them! I love that Ryan and I try to keep them active. They may be the only 3 and 4 year olds who can't ride a bike but I bet they are the only ones that can run that far! And everyone knows running is more important...it burns more calories! Ha Ha!!

No comments: