Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weekend in the Woods

This past weekend my WONDERFUL mother kept the kids for Ryan and I so we could have a weekend away before we leave for Disney (in 3 days!!!!!!!!) We took advantage of her having them and went to our friend Traveis's hunting camp. We had so much fun!!! We left Friday night around 7:30 and got there around 9:30.

I love this picture of Ryan. He HATES having his picture made!
When we got there we loaded up the 4 wheelers and went riding. There is like 75,000 acres so there is PLENTY of room to ride!
This is my friend Shelby all dressed up and ready to go!
We rode until 2 in the morning! Yes, you read that right. I was up until 2 am! Actually 3 am by the time we got back and actually got in bed. I don't think I've been up that late since...well, ever probably! :)
The next morning we got up and cooked a huge breakfast and just laid around and watched college game day and the first part of the Arkansas and Georgia game. Then the guys wanted to go outside and shoot stuff.
Ryan got a new bow last year and has been wanting to practice with it. I really thought I would be able to do it.
But obviously I couldn't! I love the face I'm making in this picture. I was trying really hard!
Whitney commented on facebook and said "Do you always dress the part for whatever it is you are doing?" I answered back "Of course, doesn't everyone!" It's more fun that way!!
I can't wait for everyone to see our Disney shirts Gill made us to wear!
This is a look of intense concentration!
After the bow shooting they wanted to shoot clay disk...are they called skeet??
Unfortunately we didn't have a thrower so we had to do it ourselves. That's what I'm doing in this picture. Even though it looks like I'm an interpretive dancer or releasing a bird into the wild! I did throw it the complete other way than which way Traveis was aiming.
Those ears muffs were AMAZING!
I tried shooting the gun a few times. It was actually a lot of fun. It's a great stress reliever!
I shot 2 skeet when they were actually in the air! I was so excited! Even Ryan said he was proud of me.
After that though I went inside. It was like 100 degrees out there and everyone knows me + heat + outdoors = not a happy camper!
The girls took a nap and then we all watched the Bama game and cooked again.
We had a great time!!!
Thanks Traveis for inviting us up!!

No comments: