Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hip Hop

I know this may come as a surprise to most of you who know me well but I'm unfortunately not a good dancer! I know, shocker. Actually that is one of the reasons I liked Ryan so much in high school because although he can dance (I've seen him try it a time or two) he hates to do it. So we would always go to school dances to just hang out.

Anyway, Ryleigh starts dance tonight again and this year she is taking Hip Hop. For some reason she has it in her head that she doesn't want to take it. Every time you say something about dance she says "I don't want to take Hip Hop!" I know if she will just try it she will love it. So last night we were talking about it and we put on some loud hip hop music and started dancing around the house. After we were done I said Now, doesn't that seem fun!

No lie she looked at me and said...

"Yea, that does seem fun but I really hope I don't look like a chicken tomorrow night. That would not be cute!"

I said, "You think I look like a chicken when I dance??"

She replied, "Mom, lets talk about something else, I really don't want to hurt you're feelings!"

Lets just hope that starting hip hop this early will give her Ryan's coordination and not her Mom's chicken dancing skills!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love it...out of the mouth of babes! :-)
Oh well, you've got lots of other great talents, just not dancing and singing! lol
Mrs. DeLayne

Katrina said...

I love this story!!!