Thursday, August 5, 2010

Almost 5


Last night Ryan and Tanner went to the church to help set up for Kids Fest which is our version of vacation bible school. So it was just me and Ryleigh at home. We painted, colored and put a new puzzle together.
When we got the puzzle down it had a big 5 on it. Ryleigh asked what the 5 meant and I said it means that it is for ages 5 and up. She kinda looked at me funny and said "Well it's a good thing I'm almost 5!"
I literally just froze. I mean obviously I know that she will be 5 on her next birthday but hearing her say it really brought it to reality. "SHE IS ALMOST 5!!" That can't be right! I'm not suppose to have a 5 year old!
The whole time we were putting the puzzle together she kept committing on the fact the she is going to be 5 and how when she's 5 she can do this or that. I kept tickling her every time she would say 5 and say "You are not turning 5! You are going to stay 4!" She would laugh and laugh then say it again.
Is it just me or is it hard to believe that my baby girl is almost closer to 5 than 4. It's hard to believe that she is almost half way to 10!


No comments: