Friday, May 7, 2010

Strong Will

Recently I had the opportunity to attend a conference by a wonderful Christian author and speak Beth Moore. Beth has 2 daughters. Her oldest as she said was the most pleasant child. She was so easy going and never gave her any trouble. Her youngest daughter, who was at the conference with her was the complete opposite. She wasn't "bad" she was just stubborn and hard headed. she wanted things her way and definitely was a leader and not a follower. On a conference about insecurity the thing I took away most from the conference was something Beth said about parenting her youngest daughter, Melissa. She said it took her a while to realize but....

Once you get that stubborn, strong willed mindfocused on one thing
it will be dangerous
for the kingdom of God!
Yes, she may be stubborn. Yes, she may be strong willed. Yes, she may make me crazy but I'm going to take that advice to heart. She has the potential to be a powerful force in this world and I pray that God uses her to do that. She is a wonderful sweet girl who knows what she wants and is going to do everything possible to get it. She is a leader and not a follower and I am so thankful for that. I'm thankful that she thinks for herself instead of letting other people do it for her. I'm thankful for her outgoing personality and most of all I'm thankful that she is so determined in whatever she does. Now I'm off to channel that determination into great things!

No comments: