Friday, March 5, 2010

Tanner's Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Tanner,
Happy Birthday to you!

Tanner's birthday was Friday and instead of giving him his present Friday night when Ryan got home we decided to give it to him Thursday night so he could play with it all day on Friday. He was so excited to get what he had been asking for...a 4wheeler!

To say that he loves it would be an understatement! It was kind of late Thursday night when we gave it to him but he still wanted to ride it. He rode to Dawn's house and then to Aunt Lisa's.
This thing actually goes pretty fast! When Ryleigh got on the back of it Tanner took off before she was holding on and she almost flew off the back of it! She was not happy about it!
After they went to sleep that night Ryan and I blew up balloons and put them all in Ryleigh's room. The next morning when they woke up they thought it was hilarious. They loved it! It's funny how such small things can make them so happy!
For breakfast he wanted pancakes so we made chocolate chip heart shaped pancakes. (I should mention that I took off work on Friday.)
He loved these to. He really likes pancakes but thought it was the coolest thing that we put chocolate chips in them and made them into hearts. I made them go sit down while I assembled the pancakes. I stacked them up and put 3 candles in them. When I turned and started walking toward him Ryleigh and I started singing happy birthday! It was so fun. Everyday since then he has asked for candles in his breakfast!
After breakfast Aunt Tammy came over and brought him his present. She got him an 18 wheeler truck that had like 10 motorcycles on the back. He really liked it!
After that he got dressed and rode his 4wheeler until the battery died. And when that happened it was not pretty! He was so mad.


I told him we would go to lunch wherever he wanted. He picked chick-fil-a so we met my friend Lindsay there and ate. The kids played for a long time on the play stuff and then we got ice cream.
OK, so now for the story of the cake. All he would say he wanted for his birthday (besides the 4wheeler) was a "Wonder Pets FlyBoat." I had no idea what that was but apparently it is from a TV show that we don't get. He watches it at mom and Dawn's houses. He also wanted a Wonder Pets Flyboat cake. (The show is actually just called Wonder Pets the Flyboat is their transportation they use to save the other animals. Amazingly it is a boat that flys...go figure!) I wish you could hear him say Wonder Pats Flyboat. He says it so fast that it all runs together. It's so funny.

Anyway, I ordered him a Wonder Pets flyboat cake from Wal Mart but when I went to pick it up the spelled his name wrong. And may I also mention the cake was $20. I told them just not to worry about it I didn't want it. The figurines and the flyboat were crap cheap plastic anyway that would be broken in 5 minutes. So What did I do??


I found a cake on the clearance cart in the bakery for $5 that had a nearing expiration date. Well we were eating it that night so no problem. Well then I needed a Wonder Pets Flyboat. I went to the toy dept and they had one left!!!


When I got home the actual toy was way to big for the cake so this is what I ended up with after a few minutes or rearranging things.

(There was a picture of the cake here and somehow it got deleted and the picture is on my laptop and I'm at work. So just imagine. You can see it from the back in the next picture.)

And this is the response we got when he saw it for the first time! It was priceless!!


And this is how much Ryleigh liked the cake!



Their actual party isn't until next Friday night. I just wanted to do something small for him on the day of his birthday!


Happy Birthday Tan Man! We love you!

No comments: