Wednesday, August 12, 2009

On your 1st day of preschool

Ryleigh,
On your first day of pre-school I wanted to let you know how proud me and daddy are of you. You are a sweet, sassy, smart little girl who we love to pieces. I know you'll do great in school and I'm so proud of how brave you are about going. I hope you have a wonderful day. I hope you learn a lot but more importantly I pray that you are a light in this dark world. I know school is important but the weeks leading up to school I felt God wanted me to pray for you in other ways. Yes, being smart and good in school is important but this week I prayed for your character, your faith, your decisions, your future husband. I prayed that you will show your love for Jesus with everyone you know even at such a young age. I'm astonished at your faith and love for Jesus. Sometimes you even remind me that I need to stop and just trust God. I think of this verse often when I think of things you say... "Jesus called a little child to him and put the child among them, Then he said 'I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the kingdom of Heaven. So anyone who becomes as humble as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 18:2-6 I hope you have a great first day and can't wait to see all the amazing things God has in store for you this year!!




No comments: