Friday, February 18, 2011

Mountains Day 2

We had a really fun second day in the Mountains. We got up that morning and Ryan had to finish some stuff with the tire. So he took Ryleigh and I to the outlets. After he got done him and Tanner came and joined us for a little bit.

After that we went on a few hikes through the National Forest. We were going to Cade's Cave but I'm not a huge fan of stuff like that so we just went to the National Park and did the trails there.

The kids did really good and actually walked the whole way. It was about 2.5 miles! I was proud of them!
You can't really tell because I didn't take my camera and just had my cell phone camera but that's a waterfall behind them.
After that we went to the Aquarium in downtown Gatlinburg. The kids had a lot of fun at the Aquarium. I didn't know what to expect since it was a Ripley's attraction. (Ripley's has literally taken over Gatlinburg.) We loved it though!
I'm not sure what's up with the hand on the hips of Miss Priss. She has started doing this when she poses for pictures.





We then went and ate dinner and played Putt Putt. We were back at the hotel around 8 so we could pack up and get ready to leave the next morning.



On the way home on Sunday we made a detour to Cullman, AL and stopped to have lunch with my sister and her husband. We had yet to see her new house and it is BEAUTIFUL!!! It's exactly what you would picture her house to be. It's sitting in the middle of 10 acres that's all flat and cleared. It's literally in the middle of the country. When you look out her huge front window you just see mountains for miles. I'm so happy for her!!

We had a great trip but I am still unpacking and getting all the laundry done...does that ever end? :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: