Thursday, February 16, 2012

J E Turner

When Ryleigh first started Turner this year I was dreading it. I knew it wouldn't be the same as ABC and that made me really dread it. I had heard great things about it and I loved the fact that it was a newer school and was really close to our house. Well the first part of the year was hard. Ryleigh's teacher was out on maternity leave the first part of the school year. This meant we had a sub. Granted she is a sub who is a certified teacher but it still just wasn't the same. I'm all about the teacher and connecting with them. I honestly want Ryleigh to be her favorite (which I know sounds selfish but since when do I care :) I just know that teachers have a lot going on and they relate differently to kids whose parents are very hands on. Anyway I say all of that to say that now we are in the 2nd half of the school year and things are going great!! Ry's teacher is back so we are staying much more informed. We have both connected with her and have a great relationship. (I'm not sure if Ry's her favorite though...is she Mrs. Cooper?? lol!)

A few weeks ago they celebrated 100 days of school. They were 100 days smarter! Each child was asked to bring 100 of something in (pasta, candy, buttons...) we took in 100 pennies. Of course Ryan wanted me to send 100 quarters and then let Mrs. Cooper use the money to buy the whole class snack the next day. He's insane.

Ryleigh also was selected as the Star Student for the month of January. They had a little awards ceremony for them and we were all very excited!
I wasn't able to go to the ceremony but it was on a Friday at 9 am. Ryan went so guess who got out of school at 9:30 on that Friday...the two of them together is TROUBLE!
They are also taking accelerated reading test at school now. They have to get a book from the library and bring it home. Once they've read the book 3-4 times they take a test on it in the library. So far Ry has had 4 test and she has 4 100's!!! We are very proud of her for that! She is also in the Blue reading group. (My friend Allyson, who's a teacher, told me that was the highest level.) I'm so exited with how well she's doing in school.
Ryleigh Claire, we are so proud of you!!!!

No comments: