Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my wonderful, fabulous mothers birthday! So in honor of her birthday I thought I would list 10 random facts about her that I love so much!
1. Goodness gracious can she cook!! She is the best cook I've ever met and although some of her things are kinda to out there for me, she makes the best roast, mashed potatos and chocolate pie ever!

2. She's a wonderful speller and if you ever need to know how to pronounce something just give her a call. She gets it right every time! : )

3. She has a lot harder job than most people realize. I've always known this but just recently have came to admire her for it and they way she handles the stress of it.

4. She has a facebook-I was very surprised by this until Nana got one. Then I just went into shock! Amazingly she knows how to use it!

5. She always puts family first and always makes an effort to get us all together. Even if she does have to entice us with food!

6. I give her major props for the way she handles the Irvington/Wilmer situation. I know I give her a hard time about it but she does a good job of balancing both. Even if I sometimes wish she would move "home" permanently. (well not sometimes, all the time.)

7. She has a small obsession with Paula Deen and cooks her recipes all the time.

8. The older she gets the more and more she looks and acts like Nana!

9. Ryleigh and I both get our bossiness (is that even a word?) from her. Which contrary to popular belief is actually one of my favorite qualities I inherited. I like it when people know what they want and aren't afraid to say so. Someone has to be in charge!

10. I am very thankful for the life that her a dad provided for me. I am also thankful for the relationship that we have developed since I had kids. It's funny how thankful you become for your parents once you realize what they went through with you.

Happy Birthday Mom! We love you!!

No comments: