Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Weekend Rewind


We had a pretty busy weekend this past weekend. Friday night I had a junior high girls slumber party. 25 jr high girls in a room together for 12 hours=DRAMA! Seriously though they did much better than I thought they would and we really did have a lot of fun. I'll have to get the pictures from Lindsay and put them on here because some of them were hilarious! They made outfits out of aluminum foil and the most creative won. I think we may have some future fashion designers. I wonder if they'll give me a cut of their fortune when they do become one since I'm the one who inspired their first design...or maybe not.

Ryleigh and Tanner stayed with mom on Friday night because she hasn't seen them a lot lately and she wanted them to. So that freed Ryan up to go on a man date with Gill. They went to the Bass Pro shop and ate dinner there...I know how romantic!

Saturday we went to the Battleship I have a separate post and pictures for that. Saturday afternoon we went to our friends Sarah and Chris's house to watch the Alabama game. I like watching games over there because they have a 2 year old and the 3 of them just play and destroy Sarah's house and then afterwards we clean it all up. I was so tired by then. The girls didn't go to bed until 4 am on Saturday morning and I was back up at 7 when the first of them started to leave. I fell asleep on Sarah's couch during halftime. Alabama won 35-7! RollTide!

After the game we were on our way home when Gill called and wanted us to go to the lawnmower races. I was exhausted so I told Ryan if they wanted to go thats fine but take me home first. He said "Are you sure? It'll be fun." I said "Yes, I'm sure." "Ok Well you'll be missing out!"...Note to Ryan: The lawnmower races are not fun, not even a little, the idea of going home and watching a movie by myself in the peace and quiet sounds like fun. So believe me I'm not missing out! : )

We hope everyone else had a great weekend!!

No comments: