Thursday, September 25, 2008

Passy and Potty

So I never thought I would be able to say these words well actually I'm typing them but you know what I mean, "Ryleigh is off of her pacifier!" Hallelujah! Tanner is also off of his except for at night, even when he takes naps he goes without it. I owe the credit in large part to my mom and Aunt Cheryl. Last Friday Ry was going to stay with Aunt Cheryl and she forgot her passy. I told Aunt Cheryl just to buy one when they went off. She didn't buy one and Ryleigh went all day without it. That night my mom was keeping them because we had 5th quarter at church and she was determined not to give her the passy either. She also didn't give it to Tanner either. So she endured the first night of the passy free life and to be honest I'm glad it was her and not me! So thanks to the two of them! On Sunday she found a passy and wanted to keep it but I told her instead that we would take all the passy's in the house and buy a toy at Toy's R Us. So that afternoon we headed off to buy a toy. Tanner also got to pick something out because he had given it a good effort and was down to only once a day (that kinda sounds like he was giving up alcohol!) So they pick out their toys and take them up to the counter, Ryleigh then pulls the Ziploc bag of passy's from her purse and hands them to the cashier. She looked at me like we had lost our minds. I told her the story and she seemed to not care. Tell me please why they have such unfriendly people working in what should be a happy place. I mean we were just wanting to buy toys with passy's since when does that not count as money! : ) Anyway though I swiped my card and off we went. She has asked for the passy once since then and I told her that we didn't have anymore that she had given them all to the very "nice" (yeah right) lady at the toy store. Since then she hasn't asked for it again!

OK so you thought that was a big accomplishment......She has also used the potty 9 times!! Yep that's right 9 times in 3 days. And one of those days she was with Nana and Aunt Cheryl and didn't have any big girl panties so she didn't even try. So technically that's 9 times in 2 days. The downside to this story is Ryan said if she went everyday this week she could get a puppy this weekend. So every time she potties she dances around singing "I'm going to get a puppy and Tanners not!" That girl...what are we going to do with her!

No comments: